Frequently Asked Questions
expand all |
What is the Dream House Raffle to Benefit Special Olympics Southern California?
Special Olympics Southern California's Dream Home Raffle is a large fundraiser. The raffle aims to raise funds for Special Olympics Southern California in its continuing effort to empower individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society. In addition to supporting Special Olympics Southern California, the raffle will be giving away over 2000 prizes, of which the grand prize is a $5 million home or $3 million in cash.
How do I purchase raffle tickets?
- Call toll free 1-800-816-6108, or
- Download an entry form from
- Fax it to: 213-788-7425, or
- Mail the entry form to:
SOSC Dream House Raffle
1600 Forbes Way, Suite 200
Long Beach, CA 90810
What are the prizes?
- Early Bird Drawing 1:
- Prize: Winner's choice between a Porsche Boxster Convertible or $50,000 cash
- Entry Deadline: March 18, 2016
- Early Bird Drawing 2:
- Prize: Winner's choice between a vacation for 10 to Tuscany, Italy (8 Day/7 Night) or $10,000 cash
- Entry Deadline: April 22, 2016
- Multi-Ticket Drawing:
- Prize: Lexus GX SUV or $50,000 cash
- Entry Deadline: May 27, 2016
- New Add-On Drawing:
- Prize: Half the Jackpot Value
- Entry Deadline: May 27, 2016
- Grand Prize Drawing:
- Grand Prize: $5,00,000 Hidden Hills Dream House or $3,000,000
- 2nd Prize: Winner’s choice between a BMW 5 Series or $50,000 cash
- 3rd Prize: Vacation to Kenya, Africa (8 Day/7 Night) or $10,000 cash
- 4th Prize: Vacation to Bali, Indonesia (8 Day/7 Night) or $5,000 cash
- 5th Prize: Vacation to the Big Island, Hawaii (7 Day/6 Night) or $5,000 cash
- 6th Prize: Vacation to Singapore (7 Day/6 Night) or $5,000 cash
- 7th Prize: Winner's choice between a vacation to Rome, Italy (5 days/4 nights) or $5,000 cash
- 8th Prize: Vacation to the Virgin Islands (5 Day/4 Night) or $5,000 cash
- 9th Prize: Vacation to Pebble Beach (5 Day/4 Night) or $5,000 cash
- 10th Prize: Family Vacation for 4 to Orlando, Florida (5 Day/4 Night) or $5,000
- 5 Apple 13" Macbook Air or $1,000
- 5 Samsung 40" curved Smart TV or $1,000
- 5 Canon EOS Rebel Camera or $1,000
- 5 AEE GPS Drone Quadcopter with HD action camera or $1,000
- 10 Neato BotVac robotic vacuum cleaner
- 10 Apple Watch
- 10 Samsung Chromebook
- 10 AEE S51 MagiCam Action Camera with wi-fi transmission
- 10 RCA Internet Music System with 7" Tablet
- 30 Apple TV
- 30 Yamaha Compact Desktop Audio Player
- 30 Apple iPod Nano
- 30 Samsung Galaxy 7" Tablet
- 30 Canon Powershot Digital Camera
- 30 Odyssey Toys Galaxy Seeker Wi-Fi Drone
- 75 Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity and Sleep Wristband
- 75 Nuu Splash Extreme Bluetooth Speaker
- 75 Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell Bluetooth Speaker
- 75 Ninja Nutri Pro Blender
- 150 Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player
- 150 iHome Bluetooth Clock Radio with Charging Station
- 150 myCharge HubPlus 6000 Rechargeable Power Bank
- 150 Fitbit zip Wireless Activity Monitor
- 150 QFX Bluetooth Speaker System
- 150 Leatherman Stainless Steel Skeletool
- 150 Outdoor Tech Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- 175 Bushnell 10x32 Binoculars
- 215 Bushnell Rubicon Compact Lantern
- Entry Deadline: May 27, 2016
Do you accept applications by email or sell tickets on the internet?
No. Pursuant to California statutory regulations and to section 320.5 of the Penal Code, charitable raffle tickets may not be sold or accepted on the internet.
How long will it take to receive my ticket in the mail?
At least three weeks. All tickets purchased before an entry deadline are included in a drawing even if the customer's portion of the ticket arrives after the drawing date.
How long will it take to receive my receipt by email?
Receipts are delivered within 5 minutes after an order is processed to the email address provided at the time of entry. If you did not receive your email receipt, check your SPAM folder or add firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted name in your address book.
Is this Dream House Raffle legal?
Yes it is. In the summer of 2001, the California Legislature amended the state constitution to allow eligible non-profit organizations to conduct raffles as a means of raising funds. Special Olympics Southern California is registered with the California Attorney General's Office to conduct this charitable raffle.
Will the drawing be audited?
Yes, an independent raffle auditor will audit the raffle as well as supervise the early bird drawings, the multi-ticket drawing, the Add-On drawing, and the grand prize drawing.
How much does a raffle ticket cost?
Tickets are $150 each, 3-packs for $400, or 5-packs for $550.
How many raffle tickets can I buy?
You may buy as many tickets as you like.
How many raffle tickets will be sold?
Only 80,000 tickets will be sold. The chances of winning are based on that number. If fewer tickets are sold, the chances of winning the Grand prize and other prizes improve. There are over 2000 total prizes making the odds of winning a prize 1 in 40. Purchasing more than one ticket increases the chances of winning.
What are the odds of winning?
The odds of winning the $5,000,000 Dream House or $3,000,000 in cash are based on the number of tickets sold. If all tickets are sold the odds of winner the Grand Prize are 1 in 80,000. There are over 2000 other prizes also available making the odds of winning a prize 1 in 40.
How many prizes are awarded?
2000 prizes are awarded including the grand prize dream house, vehicles, vacations, and electronics.
What are the Early Bird Drawings?
There are two Early Bird Drawings. This is meant to encourage people to purchase tickets sooner rather than later. If you purchase a ticket before an early bird deadline you are included in the early bird drawing, the subsequent early bird drawings AND included in the grand prize drawing. All tickets entered into the early bird drawings, as well as early bird drawing winners are included in the grand prize drawing.
Can you tell me more about Early Bird Drawing 1?
All tickets purchased by March 18, 2016 will be entered into the Early Bird Drawing 1. The Early Bird Drawing will take place on Thursday March 30, 2016.
Prize: Winner's choice between a Porsche Boxster Convertible or $50,000 cash
Can you tell me more about Early Bird Drawing 2?
All tickets purchased by April 22, 2016 will be entered into the Early Bird Drawing 2. The Early Bird Drawing 2 will take place on Thursday May 5, 2016.
Prize: Winner's choice between a vacation for 10 to Tuscany, Italy (8 Day/7 Night) or $10,000 cash
What is the Multi-Ticket Drawing?
Any individual who buys three or more tickets will be entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing, subject to the following; to be eligible entrants must purchase three or more tickets during the same purchase, using one method of payment, using the same name on each ticket, and the same mailing address for each eligible ticket. For each eligible ticket purchased, a corresponding eligible ticket will be added into the Multi-Ticket Drawing. Three tickets purchased will have three tickets entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing. Four tickets purchased will have four tickets entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing, etc. Multiple tickets purchased at the same time are eligible for discounts. 3-packs are available for $400 and 5-packs are available for $550.
- Prize: Lexus GX SUV or $50,000 cash
What is the Add-On Drawing?
- Prize: Winner will be awarded half the jackpot value*.
Add-On Tickets are one for $10, 5-pack for $25 or 15-pack for $50.
Guidelines for purchasing Add-On tickets are as follows:
- Only one method of payment and only one mailing address are permitted.
- Add-On Tickets must be ordered in conjunction with your raffle ticket.
- Add-On orders will not be accepted after your original raffle ticket order date.
*Prize is calculated based on half of gross add-on revenue. Funds used to pay this prize come from non-raffle funds in compliance with CA Penal Code Section 320.5.
Who benefits from this raffle?
The prize winners as well as Special Olympics Southern California.
When does the raffle start and when does it end?
The raffle begins on February 8, 2016 and ends on May 27, 2016. If all tickets are sold before the May 27th deadline, the raffle will end sooner.
When will the prize drawings be held?
- The Early Bird Drawing 1 will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2016.
- The Early Bird Drawing 2 will be held on Thursday, May 4, 2016.
- The Grand Prize Drawing, Multi-Ticket Drawing and Add-On Drawing will be held on June 12, 2016.
- Special Olympics Southern California reserves the right to change the drawing dates to be held earlier if all tickets are sold before May 27, 2016.
Do I have to be present to win?
How will the winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by the contact information provided at the time of ticket purchase. The winning names will also be posted on this website shortly after the drawing.
Who can buy a raffle ticket?
Any person 18 years of age or older. Employees and members of the Board of Directors of Special Olympics Southern California, employees of their agents, consultants, attorney, independent accountant firm, their spouses and children living in the same household are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win a prize. All federal, state, local laws and regulations apply. The raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law. An affidavit of eligibility, provided by Special Olympics Southern California, may be required from prize winners.
Are raffle tickets tax-deductible?
No. The IRS does not allow raffle tickets to be a tax-deductible contribution.
Are raffle prizes considered income?
Yes. In addition, Special Olympics Southern California will withhold required federal taxes for all prizes over $5,000 in accordance with federal law and the organization will remit the balance of the cash prizes to the winner. All prize winners of prizes over $5,000 will be required to submit an IRS Form W-2G in order to be awarded the prize. Residents outside of California may be required to pay state withholding taxes for prizes over $1,500.
Are there legal rules and regulations?
Yes. They may be viewed under the
Rules and Regulations
section of this web site.
How do I redeem my prize?
Prize winners will be contacted according to the contact information provided at the time of ticket purchase. In addition to a list of winners posted on the Special Olympics Southern California raffle web site, a list of winners may be obtained from SOSC by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SOSC Dream House Raffle, 1600 Forbes Way, Suite 200, Long Beach, CA 90810, within one week of the Grand Prize Drawing date.
How do I get more information on Special Olympics Southern California?
Please visit http://sosc.org/ or call 562-502-1100.
How can I make a tax-deductible contribution to Special Olympics Southern California?
Please visit http://sosc.org/individual_giving.htm
or call 562-502-1104
Still have questions about the raffle that aren't answered here?
Please visit the Rules
and Regulations section of this web site or contact
the raffle office: